Did you know that over 30% of fresh produce grown in the world goes to waste and never reaches consumers?
At Hazel Technologies, Inc., we think this waste is unacceptable. We are a USDA-funded startup company that is reducing the huge amounts of waste in our global food supply chain every day. Our work has been featured in TechCrunch, the Chicago Tribune, and Crain’s Chicago Business, and we need your help to expand our impact!
The Marketing Associate position at Hazel Tech is the perfect opportunity to exercise your creative freedom while also meeting specific and measurable business goals. Above all else, the goal of the Marketing Associate will be to make Hazel Tech look amazing in all potential channels, and to all our potential audiences: customers, new team members, current team members, partners, and the general public!
This is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a marketing department and have a lot of influence over the future of Hazel Tech marketing strategy and tactics!
- Draft and implement graphic designs for marketing collateral, social media, trade shows, etc.
- Manage all Hazel social media channels and ensure that content is regularly posted
- Source stock photos and other visual media for integration into Hazel Tech marketing design
- Draft Press Releases
- Draft mock-ups for product designs and related material
- Distribute Press Releases to Editorial Contacts
- Assist in relationship management with 3rd party marketing-related contractors
- Draft and Send Promotional Materials to Customers and Prospects
- Implement Ad Spend for paid acquisition channels
- Design and implement monthly company newsletter
- Record all direct customer facing activities in Salesforce CRM
- Maintain company websites
- Create and update company creative media using industry standard tools such as Photoshop, PhotoScape, Adobe, etc.
- Aid in the design of Hazel trade show exhibit implementation
- Coordinate with Post-Harvest and Sales teams to draft customer facing case studies and long form documents
- Copywriting for both intra-company and customer facing materials
- Degree from accredited university focusing on marketing, graphic design, or related field
- Experience using photoshop or similar software
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Strong written communication skills
Recommended but not required:
- Experience with CRM software such as Salesforce
- Experience as a graphic design professional
- Experience with any newsletter management tool like Mailchimp
- Experience with any visual website editor like WordPress, Wix, or Webflow
- Ability to speak Spanish
- Experience working with food or agriculture
- Experience in Ad-Buying
- Basic understanding of organic search and Google Analytics
- Experience writing copy in any context
- Experience working stock photos in a design context
HOW TO APPLY:
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line Marketing Associate
Please attach CV or resume and short intro, (no cover letter necessary)