Did you know that over 30% of fresh produce grown in the world goes to waste and never reaches consumers?
At Hazel Technologies, Inc., we think this waste is unacceptable. We are a USDA-funded startup company that is reducing the huge amounts of waste in our global food supply chain every day. Our work has been featured in TechCrunch, the Chicago Tribune, and Crain’s Chicago Business, and we need your help to expand our impact!
The Operations Admin position will be at the heart of the company, and will help with the administrative work in the business operations and regulatory departments. The benefits of this position you should consider as an applicant are:
- Get in on the ground floor. You will become an early team member at one of the fastest growing startups in Ag-Tech, according to American Inno’s “Top Green Tech Startups to Watch”
- Create an impact. Solve the problems of tomorrow: you will be helping to save food every day that would have gone to waste. Hazel Tech has received the prestigious USDA Phase II SBIR Grant, $600,000 in federal funding given only to the most impactful technologies in the future of the agricultural industry.
- Learn what it takes. You will hone your business and operations skills, learning directly from Hazel Tech executives, co-founders, and advisors every day. “Hazel’s technology has the potential to make a real impact on a massive scale,” - S2G Ventures, Venture Capital Firm started by OpenTable Founder, Chuck Templeton, current lead investor in Hazel Tech.
- This position will report directly to the Operations Lead and will also work closely with the Chief Intellectual Property Officer.
- Manage documentation and timely payment of Accounts Payable
- Organize and track invoicing within Hazel Tech to prepare for collection of Account Receivables
- Develop fluency with Hazel Tech’s inventory and accounting software tools
- Communicate information across sales & operations teams
- Assist with order fulfillment logistics
- Perform an array of administrative tasks across Hazel Tech: manage complex calendars across two time zones, manage and track expense reimbursements, develop and maintain accurate records and files, coordinate meetings and travel plans as requested
- Manage and monitor calendars with certain regulatory and patent related deadlines
- Prepare, edit, and fill out forms, documents, and correspondence as requested
- Assist with employee on-boarding and off-boarding
- Offer support and assistance to other functions and employees as directed on special projects and/or events
This role is not limited to the above responsibilities and may evolve with business need.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong communication skills
- Organized in a way that never overlooks the details
- Strong day-to-day organizational skills are essential
- Ability to navigate a quickly changing business environment
Recommended but not required:
- Proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Exposure to enterprise (B2B) sales
- Degree from accredited 4-year university
- Familiarity with fresh produce supply chain / food retail
HOW TO APPLY:
Send email to email@example.com
Subject line Operations Admin
Please attach CV or resume and short intro, (no cover letter necessary)