Did you know that over 30% of fresh produce grown in the world goes to waste and never reaches consumers?
At Hazel Technologies, Inc., we think this waste is unacceptable. We are a USDA-funded startup company that is reducing the huge amounts of waste in our global food supply chain every day. Our work has been featured in TechCrunch, the Chicago Tribune, and Crain’s Chicago Business, and we need your help to expand our impact!
The Operations Specialist position will be at the heart of the company, and will help with the administrative work in the business operations and regulatory departments. The benefits of this position you should consider as an applicant are:
- Get in on the ground floor. You will become an early team member at one of the fastest growing startups in Ag-Tech, according to American Inno’s “Top Green Tech Startups to Watch”
- Create an impact. Solve the problems of tomorrow: you will be helping to save food every day that would have gone to waste. Hazel Tech has received the prestigious USDA Phase II SBIR Grant, $600,000 in federal funding given only to the most impactful technologies in the future of the agricultural industry.
- Learn what it takes. You will hone your business and operations skills, learning directly from Hazel Tech executives, co-founders, and advisors every day. “Hazel’s technology has the potential to make a real impact on a massive scale,” - S2G Ventures, Venture Capital Firm started by OpenTable Founder, Chuck Templeton, current lead investor in Hazel Tech.
- The Operations Specialist will fulfill and pack outgoing customer orders, manage finished product inventory, and issue regular inventory reports.
- This position will manage receiving, shipping, and storage for efficient operations.
- Experience in a similar role is valued but not required.
- Strong communication skills in English
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Detail-oriented and well-organized
- Ability to manage time and problem solve
Recommended but not required:
- Foreign language skills (Spanish, French, Brazilian Portuguese)
- Proficiency in SalesForce or other CRM software
- Proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience managing parcel or LTL shipping
- Exposure to enterprise (B2B) sales
- Bachelors Degree or higher
HOW TO APPLY:
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line Operations Specialist
Please attach CV or resume and short intro, (no cover letter necessary)