Did you know that over 30% of fresh produce grown in the world goes to waste and never reaches consumers?
At Hazel Technologies, Inc., we think this waste is unacceptable. We are a USDA-funded startup company that is reducing the huge amounts of waste in our global food supply chain every day. Our work has been featured in TechCrunch, the Chicago Tribune, and Crain’s Chicago Business, and we need your help to expand our impact!
Hazel Technologies is seeking a skilled quality assurance professional who will interpret, enhance, and maintain Hazel’s quality assurance standards. The QA specialist will carefully maintain thorough records and tracking systems, including root cause and corrective actions. In addition to documenting quality assurance activities with internal reports and audits, the QA specialist will develop standards for new product production, with improvements as needed. Finally, the QA specialist will identify training needs and take action to maintain compliance across the many, varied products offered by Hazel Technologies. Strong preference will be given to candidates with a demonstrated history of innovation and ideation leadership infields like chemistry, agri-science, chemical engineering, data science, and/or materials science.
- Get in on the ground floor. You will become an early team member at one of the fastest growing startups in Ag-Tech, according to American Inno’s “Top Green Tech Startups to Watch”
- Create an impact. Solve the problems of tomorrow: you will be helping to save food every day that would have gone to waste. Hazel Tech has received the prestigious USDA Phase II SBIR Grant, $600,000 in federal funding given only to the most impactful technologies in the future of the agricultural industry.
- Learn what it takes. You will hone your business and operations skills, learning directly from Hazel Tech executives, co-founders, and advisors every day. “Hazel’s technology has the potential to make a real impact on a massive scale,” - S2G Ventures, Venture Capital Firm started by OpenTable Founder, Chuck Templeton, lead investor in Hazel Tech.
- Plan, execute, and oversee inspection and testing of incoming and outgoing product to confirm quality conformance to specifications and quality deliverables
- Track, document, and report quality levels as well as environmental and health and safety goals/KPIs
- Analyze and investigate product feedback to ensure closure in accordance with company guidelines and regulatory requirements
- Monitor, enable, and continually improve risk-management procedures
- Provide training and support on systems, policies, procedures, and core processes
- Provide strategic planning and implementation of Hazel’s Quality Management Systems in collaboration with regulatory, supply chain, and production/engineering
- Work with 3rd party manufacturers to agree on control plans and specifications for new Hazel product development.
- Lead continuous improvement projects to drive quality and reduce costs
- Manage risk mitigation across the supply chain
- Ensure document control, accurate production records, hazard evaluation, and compliance to industrial standards.
- Oversee internal audits.
- 3-5 years in a quality role (i.e. Quality control/assurance), history of involvement in innovation
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related field
- Professional certification, such as Six Sigma, Quality Engineer, or Quality Auditor
- Knowledge of quality assurance terminology, methods, and tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing best practices, version control practices, and defect management practice
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Project management exposure
- Computer competence, including data analysis, database management, and LIMS
- Team-oriented character
Recommended but not required:
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Data Science,or a related field
- Experience with statistical process control and data analysis, including fundamentals of data science
- Experience in packaging, postharvest, food science specialty chemical industries
- Experience managing compliance with local, state, and federal safety, health, and environmental regulations (i.e.OSHA, EPA, and DEP).
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Experience with Quality assurance within ISO9001 or similar industry standards
- Risk management experience
- Skill in the following languages: Spanish, Dutch, French, and/or Italian
HOW TO APPLY:
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: QA Specialist
Please attach CV or resume and short intro stating where you saw the job posted, (no cover letter necessary)