Did you know that over 30% of fresh produce grown in the world goes to waste and never reaches consumers?
At Hazel Technologies, Inc., we think this waste is unacceptable. We are a USDA-funded startup company that is reducing the huge amounts of waste in our global food supply chain every day. Our work has been featured in TechCrunch, the Chicago Tribune, and Crain’s Chicago Business, and we need your help to expand our impact!
Hazel is seeking a detail-oriented and deadline driven Regulatory Specialist to help support the Vice President of Regulatory Affairs. This role will be responsible for researching, compiling, and analyzing biopesticide and food contact regulations world-wide in support of regulatory submissions, strategy, and compliance at the global, federal, and state levels. Spanish language proficiency is required for this Regulatory Specialist role. We expect our new Regulatory Specialist to begin work around August 1, 2019.
The benefits of this position you should consider as an applicant are:
- Get in on the ground floor. You will become an early team member at one of the fastest growing startups in Ag-Tech, #7 on American Inno’s list of “Top Green Tech Startups to Watch”.
- Create an impact. Solve the problems of tomorrow: you will be helping to save food every day that would have gone to waste. Hazel Tech has received the prestigious USDA Phase II SBIR Grant, $600,000 in federal funding given only to the most impactful technologies in the future of the agricultural industry.
Support the Vice President of Regulatory Affairs on the planning and implementation of efforts to obtain new registrations, geographic expansions, permits, and approvals, etc.
- Assist with preparation of regulatory submissions and labels for domestic and international regulatory dossiers
- Research and analyze regulations worldwide to help guide Hazel’s regulatory and compliance strategies worldwide
- Execute Hazel’s regulatory strategy by correct and timely submission of necessary documentation
- Maintain an organized internal repository of regulatory related data, communication, guidance, and submissions
- Assist in educating Hazel about the relevant global regulations facing our business
- Correspond with external consultants on regulatory related issues and documentation
- Maintain an up-to-date calendar of regulatory related dates and meetings
- Participate in regulatory industry association activities, related lobbying efforts, and travel as requested
- Remain up-to-date on ongoing movement and trends in global biopesticide regulation
- Clear and organized communication style and document maintenance.
- Comfort with managing multiple deadlines and projects simultaneously.
- Cognizance of confidential information concealment and disclosure best practices.
- Detail oriented and deadline driven.
- Team player with a strong-work ethic who excels at regulatory research and analytical thinking.
- Spanish language fluency (native level or equivalent)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong communication skills
- Minimum Bachelor's degree chemistry, biology, agriculture, biotechnology, related scientific discipline, or degree or relevant experience in regulatory affairs
Recommended but not required:
- Experience in regulatory compliance or regulatory strategy
- Proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint
- Familiarity with fresh produce supply chain / food retail
- Familiarity with food-related regulations and governing bodies (e.g. EPA, FDA, USDA, OMRI)
HOW TO APPLY:
Subject line: Regulatory Specialist
Please attach CV or resume and short intro, (no cover letter necessary)