Did you know that over 30% of fresh produce grown in the world goes to waste and never reaches consumers?
At Hazel Technologies, Inc., we think this waste is unacceptable. We are a USDA-funded startup company that is reducing the huge amounts of waste in our global food supply chain every day. Our work has been featured in TechCrunch, the Chicago Tribune, and Crain’s Chicago Business, and we need your help to expand our impact!
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) position will be the catalyst for finding new customers and will be the crucial link between sales and operations to support current customers domestically & internationally. The benefits of this position you should consider as an applicant are:
- Get in on the ground floor. You will become an early employee at one of the fastest growing startups in Ag-Tech, #7 on American Inno’s list of “Top 10 Illinois Green Tech Startups To Watch”.
- Create an impact. Solve the problems of tomorrow: you will be helping to save food every day that would have gone to waste. Hazel is one of only 20 companies nationally to have received the prestigious USDA Phase 2 SBIR Grant, federal funding given only to the most impactful technologies in the future of the agricultural industry.
- Learn what it takes. You will hone your business, sales, and operations skills, learning directly from Hazel Tech executives, co-founders, and advisors every day. “Hazel’s technology has the potential to make a real impact on a massive scale” - S2G Ventures, Venture Capital Firm started by OpenTable Founder Chuck Templeton and current lead investor in Hazel Tech.
- Interact with current Latin American customers
- Prospect & develop new accounts
- Communicate information across sales & operations teams
- Manage order fulfillment logistics
- Attend trade-shows
- Maintain CRM software (Salesforce)
- Provide input on customer acquisition & marketing strategy
- Administrative duties related to sales development
- Manage inbound sales leads
- You will also provide indirect administrative support for R&D studies, pilot projects, and new customer on-boarding
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong communication skills
- Spanish language skills (native or equivalent)
- Enthusiasm to develop professional skills related to business development, operations, sales & marketing, and entrepreneurship
Recommended but not required:
- Proficiency in SalesForce or other CRM software
- Proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint
- Exposure to enterprise (B2B) sales
- Degree from accredited 4-year university
- Familiarity with fresh produce supply chain / food retail
- Familiarity with Latin America
- Experience with outbound & inbound sales (prospecting & new lead generation)
HOW TO APPLY:
Send email to email@example.com
Subject line: Sales Development Representative
Please attach CV or resume and short intro, (no cover letter necessary)