Did you know that over 30% of fresh produce grown in the world goes to waste and never reaches consumers?
At Hazel Technologies, Inc., we think this waste is unacceptable. We are a USDA-funded startup company that is reducing the huge amounts of waste in our global food supply chain every day. Our work has been featured in TechCrunch, the Chicago Tribune, and Crain’s Chicago Business, and we need your help to expand our impact!
The UK-based EU Sales Representative position at Hazel Technologies’ London office will be responsible for customer relationship management and business development for our growing customer base in either the Southern Europe or Northern Europe and South African territories. The benefits of this position you should consider as an applicant are:
- Get in on the ground floor. You will become one of the first UK-based employees at one of the fastest growing startups in ag-tech.
- Create an impact. Solve the problems of tomorrow: new clients you develop relationships with will be saving food every day that would've gone to waste.
- Learn what it takes. You will work directly with Hazel Tech executives, co-founders, and advisers every day. Much different than working in an obscure corporate business unit.
- Build success for new product lines and break into new markets.
- Manage EU, UK, and African customer relationships
- Daily reporting and interaction with Salesforce CRM software
- Travel to meet with key accounts
- Product development support for new markets (e.g. running trials on new produce or in new regions)
- Report to VP sales
- Flawlessly communicate with outbound and inbound sales team members and customers
- Aid in marketing activities as needed to develop market-specific collateral
- Represent Hazel Tech at industry trade shows and any other similar events
- Indirect involvement in hiring and recruiting process for future UK/EU sales team
- Meet monthly goals and quarterly quotas
- Develop new leads
- Willingness to travel extensively (~50% of time) to EU, US, Africa
- Previous Agricultural or Agrichemical sales experience
- Extensive B2B sales experience (>4 years)
- Fluent in at least one of the following languages: Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Afrikaans
- Flawless native English communication skills
- Deep understanding of VAT reporting requirements
- UK indefinite leave to remain or UK citizen
- Willingness to work in or relocate to East London
Recommended but not required:
- Previous experience working in an international company, preferably an American one
- Previous experience selling directly to growers
- Speaking more than one of the target languages (i.e. Spanish, French, Dutch, Polish,Italian, Afrikaans)
- Experience working remotely
- Back office experience in the UK (e.g. UK accounting, tax, or HR exposure)
- A history of sales success in any of the following territories: Spain, South Africa, Morocco, UK, The Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, Italy
HOW TO APPLY
Send email to: email@example.com
Subject line: UK-based EU Sales Rep
Please attach CV or resume and short intro, (no cover letter necessary).