Did you know that over 30% of fresh produce grown in the world goes to waste and never reaches consumers?
Founded in 2015, Hazel Technologies Inc. is a USDA-funded company that develops new technologies to extend the quality and shelf life of fresh produce in the global supply chain. The Chicago-based early-stage agricultural technology company is on a mission to reduce food waste. Shippers,growers, and retailers are always looking for new ways to ship food further,enter new markets, extend the growing season, and have less food rejected at the retail level. Hazel Technologies’ products address these needs by adding significant and measurable value throughout our customer’s food supply chains.
Hazel Technologies is searching for an experienced and self-motivated senior finance professional to coordinate the development of our financial management strategy and contribute to the development of the organization’s strategic goals.
The Vice President of Finance will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer. This position will have the following areas of responsibilities: financial analysis, budgeting, and forecasting; accounting and general ledger; financial management; financial relations and policies; liquidity/debt management; and fundraising. Qualified candidates must be strategic individuals with 5+ years of managerial accounting and financial management experience in both major corporations and rapidly growing start-up environments.
- Directing all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, and financial reporting.
- Analyzing company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs, and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Developing and coordinating all relationships with lending/financial institutions.
- Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assisting senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Coordinating, preparing, and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Oversight of outside accounting firm’s activities to include preparing tax schedules, and tax returns.
- Managing relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance.
- Managing all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property, and other applicable taxes.
- Working with the CEO to develop fundraising strategies and raise additional funds, as well as interacting with and attracting new investors and financial partners for the company.
- Managing cash flow.
- Building out the accounting department as the company grows.
- Interacting with our investor syndicate and venture capital partners, as well as reporting financial strategy and KPI’s to the board of directors.
- Other finance and administrative duties as required.
- 5+ years of managerial accounting and financial management experience.
- Experience working in a post-Series A or Series B start up environment strongly preferred.
- Recent experience scaling a venture business to $100 million in annual revenue.
- Experience in fundraising from venture capital sources at the Series A level or beyond.
- Recent experience leading a venture business through an exit or deemed liquidation event.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. CPA and/or CMA preferred but not required.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- Recent experience in mergers and acquisition.
- Liquidity and debt management experience required.
- Knowledge of agriculture and/or agricultural technology.
- Experience in manufacturing with project manufacturing costing.
- Experience with international finance and the management of subsidiaries.
HOW TO APPLY
Send email to email@example.com
Subject line: VP Finance
Please attach CV or resume and short intro stating where you saw the job posted (no cover letter necessary).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Haze Technologies is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
About Hazel Technologies, Inc.: Hazel Technologies is a USDA-funded startup company that develops new solutions to extend the quality shelf life of fresh produce and reduce food waste. Founded in 2015, Hazel Tech® services over 100 of the world's largest fresh produce packers, shippers, and retailers. Selected as a Finalist for Fast Company's 2020 World Changing Ideas and winner of "Best Sustainable Packaging"at the 2020 World Food Innovation Awards, the company's patent-pending technologies have been tested by top academic research programs including UC Davis, Cornell University, and Oregon State University. In 2020, Hazel is on track to be used with over 3.2 billion pounds of fresh produce, preventing more than 270 million pounds from going to waste. For more information, visit www.hazeltechnologies.com.