Did you know that over 30% of fresh produce grown in the world goes to waste and never reaches consumers?
Founded in 2015, Hazel Technologies Inc. is a USDA-funded company that develops new technologies to extend the quality and shelf life of fresh produce in the global supply chain. The Chicago-based early-stage agricultural technology company is on a mission to reduce food waste. Shippers, growers, and retailers are always looking for new ways to ship food further, enter new markets, extend the growing season, and have less food rejected at the retail level. Hazel Technologies’ products address these needs by adding significant and measurable value throughout our customer’s food supply chains.
Hazel Technologies is seeking an experienced regulatory affairs professional with prior biopesticide regulatory experience to lead and expand our regulatory team as the Vice President of Regulatory Affairs. National and international regulatory compliance is of central importance to Hazel’s business activities and core mission.
The Vice President of Regulatory Affairs will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer. This role will be responsible for the planning, executing, and managing submissions and compliance to meet filing deadlines at the global, federal, and/or state level, as well as directing other members of the regulatory team in these processes.
- Manage the drafting, preparation, filing, and amendment of regulatory submissions and labels for domestic and international regulatory dossiers
- In accordance with business goals, develop and implement a robust international regulatory strategy. Obtain new permits and registrations to facilitate geographic market expansion.
- Coordinate regulatory strategy with internal business units, external stakeholders, and government regulators, to guide a total market approach for global product registration and maintenance
- Review and edit regulatory documents prepare by external consultants. Coordinate responses with internal research and post-harvest teams and external laboratories, when necessary.
- Ensure adequate product testing is underway and project reports are sufficient to support product registrations internationally
- Provide regulatory guidelines and expertise to internal business. Ensure global regulatory compliance of Hazel products, processes, and sales/marketing approach.
- Participate in and lead external regulatory association activities and lobbying.Attend and present at meetings as an industry expert.
- Construct robust and compliant export strategies for relevant markets.
- Remain up to date on ongoing movement and trends in global biopesticide regulation.
- Represent Hazel as a subject-matter expert in key government (e.g. EPA, FDA, USDA) and policy stakeholder meetings and events.
- Maintain an organized internal repository of regulatory related data, communication, and submissions.
- At least 7 years of relevant regulatory affairs experience
- Experience working with relevant regulatory authorities (e.g. one or more of EPA, BPPD, CDPR, WSDA, etc.)
- Minimum Bachelor's degree chemistry, biology, agriculture, biotechnology, or related scientific discipline
- Clear and organized communication style and document maintenance.
- Comfort with managing multiple deadlines and projects simultaneously.
- Cognizance of confidential information concealment and disclosure best practices.
- Independent worker capable of anticipating business needs, researching issues, identifying strategy options, and offering compliance-based solutions.
- Deadline driven and strong-work ethic identified by references.
- Knowledgeable of laws and guidelines on biopesticide regulation in the United States, both at the federal and state level, and awareness of the regulatory environment in Europe, and Central & South America
- Spanish language skills (native or equivalent)
- Proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint
- Familiarity with fresh produce supply chain / food retail
- Familiarity with Latin America
- Familiarity with biopesticides, biocontrols, and similar products
HOW TO APPLY
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: VP Reg Affairs
Please attach CV or resume and short intro stating where you saw the job posted, (no cover letter necessary)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Haze Technologies is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
About Hazel Technologies, Inc.: Hazel Technologies is a USDA-funded startup company that develops new solutions to extend the quality shelf life of fresh produce and reduce food waste. Founded in 2015, Hazel Tech® services over 100 of the world's largest fresh produce packers, shippers, and retailers. Selected as a Finalist for Fast Company's 2020 World Changing Ideas and winner of "Best Sustainable Packaging"at the 2020 World Food Innovation Awards, the company's patent-pending technologies have been tested by top academic research programs including UC Davis, Cornell University, and Oregon State University. In 2020, Hazel is on track to be used with over 3.2 billion pounds of fresh produce, preventing more than 270 million pounds from going to waste. For more information, visit www.hazeltechnologies.com.