Did you know that over 30% of fresh produce grown in the world goes to waste and never reaches consumers?
At Hazel Technologies, Inc., we think this waste is unacceptable. We are a USDA-funded startup company that is reducing the huge amounts of waste in our global food supply chain every day. Our work has been featured in TechCrunch, the Chicago Tribune, and Crain’s Chicago Business, and we need your help to expand our impact!
Hazel is seeking an experienced VP Regulatory with prior biopesticide regulatory experience to lead and expand our regulatory team. National and international regulatory compliance is of central importance to Hazel’s business activities and core mission. This role will be responsible for the planning, executing, and managing submissions and compliance to meet filing deadlines at the global, federal, and/or state level, as well as directing other members of the regulatory team in these processes.
The benefits of this position you should consider as an applicant are:
- Get in on the ground floor. You will become an early team member at one of the fastest growing startups in Ag-Tech, according to American Inno’s “Top Green Tech Startups to Watch”
- Create an impact. Solve the problems of tomorrow: you will be helping to save food every day that would have gone to waste. Hazel Tech has received the prestigious USDA Phase II SBIR Grant, $600,000 in federal funding given only to the most impactful technologies in the future of the agricultural industry.
- Manage the drafting, preparation, filing, and amendment of regulatory submissions and labels for domestic and international regulatory dossiers
- In accordance with business goals, develop and implement a robust international regulatory strategy. Obtain new permits and registrations to facilitate geographic market expansion.
- Coordinate regulatory strategy with internal business units, external stakeholders, and government regulators, to guide a total market approach for global product registration and maintenance
- Review and edit regulatory documents prepare by external consultants. Coordinate responses with internal research and post-harvest teams and external laboratories, when necessary.
- Ensure adequate product testing is underway and project reports are sufficient to support product registrations internationally
- Provide regulatory guidelines and expertise to internal business. Ensure global regulatory compliance of Hazel products, processes, and sales/marketing approach.
- Participate in and lead external regulatory association activities and lobbying. Attend and present at meetings as an industry expert.
- Construct robust and compliant export strategies for relevant markets.
- Remain up-to-date on ongoing movement and trends in global biopesticide regulation.
- Represent Hazel as a subject-matter expert in key government (e.g. EPA, FDA, USDA) and policy stakeholder meetings and events.
- Maintain an organized internal repository of regulatory related data, communication, and submissions.
- Clear and organized communication style and document maintenance.
- Comfort with managing multiple deadlines and projects simultaneously.
- Cognizance of confidential information concealment and disclosure best practices.
- Independent worker capable of anticipating business needs, researching issues, identifying strategy options, and offering compliance-based solutions.
- Deadline driven and strong-work ethic identified by references.
- Knowledgeable of laws and guidelines on biopesticide regulation in the United States, both at the federal and state level, and awareness of the regulatory environment in Europe, and Central & South America
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong communication skills
- 7 years of relevant regulatory compliance experience
- Experience working with relevant regulatory authorities (e.g. one or more of EPA, BPPD, CDPR, WSDA, etc.)
- Minimum Bachelor's degree chemistry, biology, agriculture, biotechnology, or related scientific discipline
Recommended but not required:
- Spanish language skills (native or equivalent)
- Proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint
- Familiarity with fresh produce supply chain / food retail
- Familiarity with Latin America
- Familiarity with biopesticides, biocontrols, and similar products
HOW TO APPLY:
Subject line: VP Regulatory
Please attach CV or resume and short intro, (no cover letter necessary)